This Folies Bergère poster by Leonetto Cappiello was produced very early in his career. It is possibly his second poster and is rendered in the artist’s early caricature style.
This piece was intended to entice visitors to the 1900 Paris World’s Fair to attend the Folies. A 1900 sales advertisement for the edition (which sold for 10 francs each) proclaimed “…with Cappiello, the poster has become an object of decorative art and the first step towards an art which will become, in the near future, the public’s taste.”
- 50cm x 70cm
- Ready to frame poster.
- Art print on quality art paper.
- Printed with fade resistant quality ink.
- 2 cm white border to allow for easy framing.
- Rolled up in a cardboard cylinder for postage.
- Photos may reproduce differently on your screen, so slight variations in colour may occur.